As your business grows, your IT network expands. One of the few downsides to this is that the risk of a data breach may increase. With a growing number of users accessing business information on computers and numerous mobile devices, there are more possible cyber-attack access points. While you don’t want to deny employees necessary access to the company network, you can and should restrict who can access different parts of it. With great IT support in New York City, you can use access management to save you from a lot of headaches and bring a number of great benefits.
Key Benefits for Your Business
Here are some real reasons to look into using this in your business this year:
- Employees get access to areas of the network that enable and relate to their different work areas, without seeing sensitive information that they have no need to know. As an example, there may be no need for someone handling your call center to have access to high-level business financial information. Depending on job function and rank in the company, it is easy to sort who should have access to what.
- Limited access cuts down the risk of a data breach because fewer people can view and make use of important business information.
- Limited access cuts down the risk of an insider making inappropriate changes to data. In turn, this also helps to keep your company compliant with relevant regulations.
Access management is not as complex as it may sound. Using predetermined criteria and a lot of automation, you can have an effective system running in no time. A couple of things to keep in mind:
- You can outsource this to trusted experts in IT support in New York City and cut down your internal IT costs.
- Access management systems are easy to integrate and use both onsite and with the increasingly mobile workforce. Some of the ways this is done include multi-factor authentication and single sign-on. These make use of personal identification such as passwords and personal questions.
If you are looking to ramp up your business data security, access management is a quick win. HOCS Consulting is ready to provide you with reliable IT support in New York City. We can tailor our offerings to address your current network security concerns. Get in touch with us to get started.