No matter your field of specialization, chances are that you have heard about cloud computing. But, what is the cloud, where is it located and why is it of importance to you and to your business? Surprisingly, the term “the cloud” is not a new term in IT. As a matter of fact, the cloud has been in existence for decades. This sudden interest in the cloud was occasioned by the shift from what was traditionally considered to be the cloud to what we now know it to be. Here are some facts about the cloud as presented by IT support experts in New York City:
What Is the Cloud and Where Is It Located?
For starters, the cloud, which is located on the internet, is comprised of remote servers where files are stored. This is an alternative to the traditional way of storing files and data in physical servers either found at your business premise or at another physical location. You can easily store, backup, and retrieve files to and from the cloud.
What Are Some of the Benefits of Cloud Computing?
In our line of works as an IT support provider in New York City, we are often asked by our potential clients whether shifting to the cloud is the best move for them. Our response is— the cloud is the best place to be. As you consider engaging a cloud computing service provider in New York, we feel that it is important for you to first understand the benefits of cloud computing. Here are some of them:
- Flexibility – If your business has flexible bandwidth demands, the cloud can accommodate such fluctuations
- Disaster recovery – the cloud will allow you the convenience of setting up a disaster recovery point in the cloud at a low cost.
- Low cost – Cloud computing helps small to medium businesses (SMBs) to cut down on the high cost of investment needed for building the servers.
- Remote work – Your employees can access their files from anywhere and work on them and re-upload them for others to see.
Types of Cloud Computing Offerings
There are many different cloud computing offerings. Some notable examples include:
- Mobile apps
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data backup and recovery services
Ready for the Shift to the Cloud?
HOCS Consulting is a committed IT support provider in New York City ready to help you shift to the cloud. Contact us now and let us be of assistance to you.